Saturday, April 21, 2007

Cultural Diversity...

We live in an open society. Learning from other cultures became an essential part of our lives.
Last Tuesday I took part in international conference on Afghanistan issue. Apart of our politicians, diplomats, ambassadors there were representatives from Afghanistan, USA, India. I had the great time while talking to Afghanistan parliament member and the volunteer from India.
I was nicely surprised when that Indian girl told that my bag is from Morocco (which is actually true, I brought it few months ago, and she has just came back from that country:-)What is more, it turned out that my sister is going exactly to the region where she is from... What can I say, we live in a very small world...
By the way, did you know that there are more women in Afghanistan parliament than in Lithuanian one(~26%)???

Afghan parliament member, Indian volunteer and me




Cheers,
Vicky-Pinky

1 comment:

avantiuriste said...

yea, it's a small world :)
what a sweet photo :)